Exercise Relaxation refers to a type of exercise that was developed to achieve calmness of mental and physical stress. Exercise Relaxation is often used in the treatment of panic attacks, anxiety disorders, and depression.
Tips on exercise relaxation
1. Do not overuse it. Exercise may be a calming exercise but it doesn’t work in a way of your fantasy if too much is exercised.
2. It helps in a stressful situation if you practice exercise first and then talk with people. If you exhibit the behavior of exercise relaxation, people will feel uneasy since they don’t understand what you are doing. Exercise first, and then explain to them the meaning of exercise after that.
3. Exercising makes your body move. If you are in a stressful situation, don’t move as much to avoid panic and anxiety. Moving makes your body more vulnerable to an attack of panic and anxiety.
4. If you need to exercise, make it a very light exercise such as walking around the block or swimming for 30 minutes.
Benefits of Exercise Relaxation:
1. Exercise relaxes your mind
When you exercise, your mind becomes free from thinking about the problems in life. As you walk, the stress will be lifted because you delay thinking about the problems in life and spending time walking.
2. Exercise relaxes your mind and body
When you walk or move your body, it also relaxes your body and mind. It gets easier to exercise because anxiety-provoking thoughts vanish, allowing easy movement of the body and a faster recovery process in your muscles.
3. Exercise prevents panic attacks and anxiety disorders
Exercise gives your body a great feeling of accomplishment which is released by the hormones in the body. You will feel relaxed as you get used to exercising and your mind can also relax while exercising.
It also increases the oxygen that reaches your brain, preventing headaches and dizziness caused by low blood pressure. It also improves blood circulation which brings oxygen and helps clear the brain of harmful substances such as stress hormones that cause anxiety disorders.
Exercise Relaxation is a technique that can be used in times of anxiety, panic, and depression. It relieves physical and mental stress by calming your mind and sedating your body. It allows you to concentrate more on the issues that are causing you mental stress and helps with the management of anxiety attacks.